I was nominated by Beverley. Beverley was one of the first followers way back when Anxious Devotions for Anxious Christians was just a baby and I had no idea what I was doing. She has stayed for the long haul and that makes this nomination so much more meaningful!
If you have not read anything over at Becoming the Oil and Wine, I definitely recommend it! The love of God and power of her words will have you growing in your faith.
Thanks again for this nomination.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
“The Blogosphere community holds several awards that bloggers use to nominate a blog in appreciation for its creative, inspiring, or motivational content.”
“The award also helps other bloggers receive recognition and free exposure for their blogs.”
There are some basic rules to follow if you decide to participate:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so everyone can visit.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog post.
- List the rules and display the Award logo on your blog post.
Eleven Questions from Beverley
1. How old is your blog now?
A little under two years old. We hit two years in March 2020.
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love being able to connect with other people. I love that my writing is able to touch others and still have impact on myself as well. I love watching other people’s blog develop as well!
3. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog?
I just recently made sure that my blog had social media presence on all the major social media platforms, and I have definitely seen an increase on my blog traffic already. However, it doesn’t change the fact that I had a very stable set of followers before I had any social media presence.
4. How would you define a successful blog? In other words, what do think a successful blog looks like?
For me, I think that a successful blog looks like having a stable set of followers or a community that is able to give each other feedback and support. There is no number that defines this. I am thankful for those that fall into that area for me.
5. Describe your feelings when you received your first blogging award nomination.
I received my first blogging award nomination less than a month after starting my blog. I was so honored to think that in such a short amount of time that someone felt that my blog was worthy of a nomination. It really affirmed my calling to be a voice for others in the form of a blog. As does this nomination.
6. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog?
I have kind of thought about it but not in depth. I really want my blog to continue being accessible to as many people as possible, and I don’t think that I need to earn money for what I am saying in my blog. I am not doing it for money I guess is what I am saying.
7. If so, what do you think is the best method of monetizing?
For me, I am using my blog for inspiration in the devotional that I am currently working on which will be out middle of next year.
8. What kind of post do you find easiest or most enjoyable to write?
I love writing the weekly devotionals. Wrestling with the text, finding how to make it resonate with the most people, and sharing it for others is a very enjoyable process for me.
9. What do you think is best, long or short posts?
I try to fall somewhere in between. I find that with short posts people are left wanting more, but with long posts it can be difficult to keep people’s interest the whole way to the end. I also think it depends on the content of the post as well.
10. Funny/Weird Question: What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
The weirdest thing that I have ever eaten is a bug in Australia. It kind of tasted like a sour lemon candy thing, but it also made my mouth kind of go numb. (Do not worry, our tour guide told me it was safe before I ate it… I don’t just pick up bugs and eat them hoping for the best, haha!)
11. What is your favourite way to unwind after a hectic day?
My favorite way to unwind after a hectic day is to make some hot tea, grab my weighted-blanket, and sit on the couch watching whatever show I am currently binge watching on Netflix or read whatever book I am currently obsessed with.
4. I’m With Him
7. Pure Glory
These bloggers’ posts are encouraging and I am blessed by them.
Congratulations to the new nominees!
My Questions for the Nominees:
- What was your inspiration to start blogging?
- When did you start blogging?
- From when you started blogging till now, how has your blog changed?
- Do you have a favorite of your own posts?
- Where do you want your blog to be in 5 years?
- Where is one place in the world you want to travel to?
- What does your writing process look like?
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
- Do you have someone you look up to in the blogging world? (if not outside of the blogging world)
- How do you practice self-care?
- If you had the time and resources to do anything right now… what would it be?
Thanks again to Beverley for the nomination! Thank you all for reading! I hope you all check out all the linked blogs in this post!
To my nominees, keep up the great work!